At St Michael’s our children in Prep - Year 2 participate in Discovery Learning.
The focus is on;
- creativity and problem solving
- oral language development
- social interaction.
Our Early Years Curriculum Framework (developmental learning for children from birth to 8 years old) describe our play based discovery learning as a context for learning through which children organise and make sense of their social worlds, as they actively engage with people, objects and representations.
Discovery Learning supports children;
- In their development to be confident both in their personal and social interactions
- To become problem posers and solvers
- To develop strong communication skills
- To learn essential literacy skills in a meaningful context
Students are encouraged to discuss, reflect and eventually plan their discovery experiences.
‘Children learn so well through play. They don’t even realise that they are learning because they are so interested’ - Anni-Kaisa Osei Ntiamoah
22nd- 2018 Prep Orientation Evening
27th-1st- Swimming Program
12th -Christmas Carols Evening
15th-School Reports sent home
18th-Grade 6 Big Day Out
19th-Grade 6 Graduation Evening
20th-Term 4 Concludes at 1pm