A FOCUS ON LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
St. Michael’s Primary School community welcomes children and their families to a world of opportunities for learning.
As a family partnerships school we welcome culturally diverse, Catholic and multi-faith families to come together and learn as a community.
Supporting your child’s education is important as they take the journey in preparing for their future.
At St. Michael’s we encourage parent support for learning in partnership to guide children on their journey.
Our community provides opportunities for families to be involved and engaged in:
Family activities, assemblies, cultural celebrations, community building and information sessions connected with learning at school
15th-Feast of the Assumption of Mary
19th-Parish Mass celebration with Archbishop Hart -6pm
1st - Fathers Day Breakfast
15th-Footy Day Celebration
19th -St Michael's Feast Day Celebration
We are committed to providing unique learning environments and experiences to prepare children for their future world.
Learners at St. Michael’s are engaged in:
• Literacy, reading, writing and comprehension
• Numeracy and contemporary maths
• Inquiry, project-based learning, problem solving
• ICT - Technology and Library sessions
• Environmental awareness programs with City of Melbourne Park Rangers
• Support for learning through Reading
• Recovery and Maths Intervention
• Visual Arts and Language (LOTE) classes
• Physical Education and sport programs
• Social and Emotional Learning integrated with the School Wide Positive Behaviours Program
• Cultural immersion events and activities to include children and families in community and learning
• Professional learning for leadership and teaching staff.