DEVELOPING A STRONG PARTNERSHIP WITH OUR LEARNING COMMUNITY
At St. Michael's Primary School, communication is essential to keep our families informed of the learning and events that are happening at our school.
There are various types of communication that we use to provide information, updates and reminders so that everyone is aware of what is happening and when.
Some of the communication methods we use are:
• Weekly newsletters
• Mobile text reminders
• Permission notes
• Letters or phone calls from teachers
and of course our website to keep you up to date with our school.
To view our recent newsletters, go to our newsletters page.
12th -Christmas Carols Evening
15th-School Reports sent home
18th-Grade 6 Big Day Out
19th-Grade 6 Graduation Evening
20th-Term 4 Concludes at 1pm
Other ways that we communicate with our families are:
• Parent Information learning sessions and feedback for parents on student progress and support for learning.
• Learning Expos to showcase the work the children have completed
• Parent, teacher and child conversations to develop a partnership approach to supporting children’s learning
• Learning at Home information for students and parents
• School community events to get to know each other and develop relationships such as the Welcome BBQ at the beginning of each year.
• Every parent or carer is welcome into the yard and school hall in the mornings and afternoons to chat with teachers and other staff and parents to continue building our welcoming learning community.